Saturday, January 20, 2018

We're All Ears January Challenge

I'm a day late getting these earrings posted from Erin Prais-Hintz' Earrings Everyday January challenge - puppies these days require as much scheduling as do children!  There's weekly puppy play group, training, check ups and shots, daily socialization trips to plan ... but with a sweet face like this, Baxter's worth it!


So, back to earrings!  Erin's challenge this month was ultraviolet - as in Pantone's color of the year (see this past post).  I already had a few ultraviolet beads in the works, but hit a wall with a couple of kiln loads that did not turn out as I expected.  Luckily, these sweet little hearts with daisies made it through!


After the last few months of more ornate earrings, I wanted something simple and used only a few beads.  However, I also wanted some "pop" to the earrings, so I gave the daisies a yellow center and  also used matte finished yellow honey opal beads.  Purple and yellow are complementary colors, each contrasting with the other to add more vibrancy.  I added in a copper lustered crystal for that extra sparkle!

Be sure to visit Erin's post at Earrings Everyday here to see her take on ultraviolet earrings along with several others' who joined in.  Purple is one of my all time favorite colors, so this was a real eye feast for me!  And there were so many different types of beads used ... tin, gemstones, crystals, lampwork glass, lucite, ceramic, silk, and more.

Edit:  I now have one pair of the small daisy heart beads up in my online shop - stoneypointstudio.com

Happy Creating!

Deborah

7 comments:

  1. The heart beads are adorable! I love the purple and yellow combo! And sweet, sweet puppy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And the puppy keeps us busy - how any one being can have that much energy is amazing!

      Delete
  2. These earrings are so sweet. I'm not usually a heart (or purple!) girl, but these are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I'm not usually a heart person either, but have been trying to stretch and come up with heart beads that are different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the contrast of the yellow and violet. It works out wonderfully. And, the simplicity is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I often think yellow is an under-used color in jewelry. Which is a shame because it goes so well with so many other colors. Your pairing of yellow and purple make for a perfectly sweet earring design. And also ...puppy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like to make yellow jewelry as I love the color, but yellow clothing doesn't look good on me - I'm pale skinned and when I wear it everyone asks if I'm feeling okay. But yellow in jewelry works fine! And puppy is a sweet, if sometimes mischievious, studio companion!

      Delete