Friday, September 29, 2017

Friday Inspiration - Taking in the Forest


I always head to a forest when I need to de-stress, heal, get inspiration .... There's just something about the spicy, heady smells and the feel of the trees towering over one that seems like home.  John Muir said, "Come to the woods, for here is rest."


The Japanese, I recently discovered, have a name for it - Shinrin-yoku.  I've seen this translated as "forest bathing," "forest therapy," "immersing in the forest," and "taking in the forest atmosphere."  And there appears to be actual research results showing benefits in boosting immunity and mood, and in reducing stress, among other things.  


When I walk in our forest, I slow way down, looking at things in detail.  And even though our forest is not very big, about 6 or 7 acres, I see new things every time.




And I come out rested.








Happy Creating!  Deborah

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand! My home sits on 2 acres, about half of which is woods. Every day I walk our paths with our beagle. Every day I see miracles of nature and experience the healing that comes with slowing down and really looking at the world around me. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete