Friday, October 7, 2016

Friday Inspiration - Autumn Colors



This week, I've been inspired by the autumn colors around me!







I've also had an itch to start knitting something in these gorgeous colors .... and so far have been resisting and keeping focused on a few projects that are approaching their gift giving deadlines!  However if I were able to start something new, I'd definitely be looking at one of these great patterns.


Kay Meador's Shades of Leaves Shawl uses five colors - I think I could get all my favorite fall shades in there!  See more information here on Ravelry.


This Autumn Colored Fair Isle by Betts Lampers is a true fair isle knit - 12 different colors.  I've had fair isle on my short list of techniques to learn so maybe next fall!  The link to the pattern is here.


And if you are not fair isle proficient, this Autumn Leaves Cowl by Denise Whitehead is a better place to start!  It uses just two colors, with one being KnitPicks Chroma, a gradation yarn.  Also on Ravelry here.


Natalia Moreva's Squirrel Mittens are great and definitely on my to do list for next year's knitting!  Information on getting the pattern is here.

Finally, if you're looking for some fun yarn, Knitted Wit has some nice Halloween themed colors out this fall.  From top to bottom, they are Pointy Hat, Witches Brew, and The Great Pumpkin.  I'm breaking my yarn diet to get some!  They're available at Knitted Wit's Etsy store and also at one of my favorite LYS in this area, For Yarn's Sake (they ship).




Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment