Thursday, March 10, 2016

Rose City Yarn Crawl 2016

I spent a wonderful three days last weekend on the Rose City Yarn Crawl - my first one!  Three days, fourteen yarn shops, ten new skeins of interesting yarn, and an armload of patterns!

Among the highlights, a gorgeous tencel yarn in a deep purple by Teresa Ruch (who I got to meet), a new Republic of Yarn colorway Marsh, a lupine inspired Blue for Ewe to knit a lupine inspired shawl (Blue Moon Fiber Arts), an undyed baby alpaca and silk yarn that shimmers like silver (Metalico by Blue Sky Alpacas), and an Ancient Arts yarn in calico cat colors - they have other cat inspired colorways and donate part of the proceeds to humane animal shelters.


I also got to talk with an indie dyer whose amazing yarns I'll introduce you to next week!

Oddly enough, it only rained a little on the first morning and after that it was sunshine and showers of cherry blossoms.  And there were also lambs to visit!



Remember the mystery knit-a-long I've been working on?  That was for the Yarn Crawl - a Velo Cowl that I finished with a few days spare!


Happy Creating!  Deborah

2 comments: