Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wednesday Sewing - Felt Pumpkin Finger Puppets


Another of the ideas I never got to last Halloween!  It's been a long time since I sang this children's song, but I think it goes something like this:

Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate,
The first one said, "Oh my, it's getting late!"
The second one said, "There are witches in the air!"
The third one said, "But we don't care!"
The fourth one said, "Let's run and run and run!"
The fifth one said, "It's Halloween fun!"

Woooooo went the wind and
OUT went the light!
And the five little pumpkins rolled out of sight!

Materials:
*felt - orange, black and green
*felt glue
*small glue-on eyes

Using pattern, cut two of each pumpkin from orange, and five green stems.  Sandwich the stem in between two pumpkin pieces and pin in place.


Sew around the edges - I put the stitch length to 3.5.


Glue on googly eyes ....


... then cut noses and mouths from black and glue onto the pumpkin faces.


Happy Creating!  Deborah

2 comments:

  1. The colour of the puppets is so treat to watch really...your sewing ideas are really so creative...the expressions that you give to each of the puppet made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I have done finger puppets before, but they are normally paper not felt. Maybe I should invest! I LOVE the five little pumpkins poem. I even adapted it when teaching ESFL to help them practice their family voab (mom, dad, brother, etc.) http://eslcarissa.blogspot.mx/2012/10/5-little-pumpkins-family-version.html

    ReplyDelete