Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wednesday Sewing - Primitive Bunny


Here's the first project using the complex cloth I've been working on the past several weeks!  I love the look of simple stuffed animals - I think it draws more attention to the fabric they're made of.  If you've been following the complex cloth blogs, I'm sure you recognize the fabric I used for this!


Materials:
*fabric - about 1/2 yard should do
*fiberfill stuffing
*chopstick or other long utensil
*pattern found here 

1.  Cut the pattern out and put together by matching dotted lines A and taping together.

2.  Pin bunny to the fabric, placing dashed line on a fold.  I cut this pattern on the bias (diagonal fold) to make the lines would go at an angle.  Cut two pieces.


3.  Put wrong sides together and sew in a 1/4 inch seam - leaving an opening.  I like to sew fabric stuffed animals with a zigzag stitch - I think it helps hold the seams together better when you're stuffing.


4.  Turn right side out and stuff.


5.  Sew opening shut by hand.


She turned out looking very different on each side - I love it!


Happy Creating!  Deborah

1 comment:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [24 Mar 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete