Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wednesday Sewing - February Story Quilt Square

March is half over and I finally got my February quilt square finished for the 2011 story quilt I'm working on.  See the post on January's Quilt Square here for an explanation and a tutorial on how I'm using photos as patterns for these squares.


One of the things my husband and I love about living in Arizona is Spring Training - the baseball stadiums are small so you can sit up close to the field, the weather's usually great, baseball's back .... I could go on and on.  February's a happy month around here!  Last year several events conspired to keep us from being able to get tickets until the last weekend - and then we were involved in a car accident in the parking lot and didn't even make it to that one.  So sad!  This year we're making up for it - from the first weekend to the last!

I made this square the same way I did the last one - appliques using Steam-A-Seam 2 and pieces of fabric, photo fabric, and embroidery.  If you're also making a story quilt, be sure to post a photo of the squares you've done so far on the Story Quilt Flickr group here!

Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment