Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday Project - Crocheted Bags


With spring and farmer's markets, I'm into crocheting bags lately!  This weekend we bought delicious fennel, cauliflower, kohlrabi, and French breakfast radishes.  Yum!!!  I made the bag shown in the opening photo and just loved it, so now I've made another and have a third in progress.  These are great for farmers' markets or shopping (or even keeping more crochet projects in).  The yarn I'm using is Cotlin from Knit Picks - 70% cotton, 30% linen.  I made washrags from it about 6 months ago and they're still soft and great with weekly washing - one of my new favorite yarns!  The market bag pattern can be found here .  I just substituted Cotlin without making any changes (same hook size, too).  It took four skeins.


I'm also working on a cotton thread crocheted bag for little c's bath toys - she picked out the color herself!  I had one for little c's daddy and uncle when they were little but I seem to have lost the pattern and couldn't find couldn't find one that matches.  Finally I found this one at the Coats and Clark website here that is close.  The one I originally had was a wider mesh and the bath toys would get stuck - I'm following the directions as they are, but using size 10 thread and a size 7 hook.  I like the closer mesh and I think it will still be a good size.  The only part I don't like is the top and handle, so when I get there I plan on making adjustments to make it more like the market bags - I'll let you know what I end up doing!


Happy Creating!  Deborah

1 comment:

  1. Hi - I've making bags to sell at the farmers market. I mostly use Lion Brand yarn and I also really like the I Love Cotton brand of yarn through Hobby Lobby craft stores. I have about 3 styles that I've been using lately - I've been toying with lining the bags to give them sturdiness.

    Your bag is really cute =D Tina

    ReplyDelete